How to use mywoodwall™?
The mywoodwall™ wood panels are simple to install, as you can see in our video. A manual is included in each box of mywoodwall™, download it here, or follow the steps below:
Wood Paneling: Installation Instructions
Prepare Your Walls for mywoodwall™ Paneling TM
- The Tesa tape adheres to virtually any surface. The bonding to the wall is very strong and should last for many years under normal circumstances. Please ensure that the surface is clean, dry, and sufficiently strong to support the mywoodwall™ paneling.
- The surface should be flat to within about 10 mm per running meter. Normally, even in the case that the wall is slightly uneven, the mywoodwall™ panel will still be able to adhere to the wall. It may be necessary to use shims (8 wooden shims provided) if your wall is uneven.
- If the wall has been recently painted, wait approximately 3 days before applying the mywoodwall™ paneling to ensure that the surface is completely dry.
- mywoodwall™ paneling is designed to be used for interior applications.
- Before installing mywoodwall™ paneling, allow the panels to acclimate at room temperature and humidity for minimum of 3 days.
- mywoodwall™ paneling is not recommended to be installed in locations where the humidity is exceedingly high.
Other Considerations when working with mywoodwall™ paneling:
- mywoodwall™ paneling can usually be installed directly out of the package. Depending on your needs, mywoodwall™ paneling can be cut to size using normal woodworking tools. Make sure to fit the area first before removing the protective backing layer from the Tesa adhesive. We advise you to purchase an additional 10% more products to account for cuts and trim waste.
- mywoodwall™ paneling is a natural wood product, so cracks and splits can occur if the panels are not handled properly. Because this is a natural product, the presence of knots, bark, splits, etc, should be expected. If a particular feature is not desired, simply cut it out before installing the panel on the wall.
Suggestions for Optimal Results BEFORE Installation (Panel Layout):
- Mix and match different mywoodwall™ paneling combinations of color and grain to suit your needs.
- Prepare a large assortment of mywoodwall™ paneling nearby to ease the selection process.
- Position the planks so that the end joints do not line-up with each other (stagger them).
After you have chosen the desired layout for the planks, install the mywoodwall™ paneling in the following manner:
- Remove the tape backing. Once the tape is exposed, keep it clean and dry for optimal adhesion.
Position one edge of the mywoodwall™ paneling at the desired location, but keep the other edge elevated until you are sure the position is correct. If both edges of the plank adhere to the wall, it will be difficult to remove.
- Adjust the alignment of the plank as necessary by moving the other end until you are satisfied with its position.
- Gently press both edges of the plank into the wall to ensure both edges adhere.
If the position is correct, then firmly press the plank into the wall. It’s strongly recommended to use a roller to ensure the tape is firmly adhered.
Mywoodwall™ paneling has been heat-treated to 130 Celsius to ensure no wildlife remains.
Installation Step 1:
Pick Your mywoodwall™ paneling Pattern
Generally, there are two basic patterns for designing the mywoodwall™ paneling:
Horizontal: planks are positioned parallel to the floor.
Vertical: planks are positioned perpendicular to the floor.
Installation Step 2:
Draw a Reference Line on the Wall
Using a light pencil or chalk, draw a straight line on your wall to help position the first mywoodwall™ planks.
Installation Step 3:
Adhere the First Planks to the Wall
Install one plank above the reference line. Install the other plank below the reference line at the halfway point of the first plank. Once each piece is installed to the wall, it is very important to ensure proper adhesion between the adhesive tape and the wall.
Installation Step 4:
Continue Installing Planks Along the Reference Line
Add more planks above and below the reference line as pictured above. Make sure that the ends of the planks are in good alignment and that there are not large gaps between them.
Installation Step 5:
Finish your Reference Row of Planks
Continue adding planks above and below the reference line until the length of the wall is covered with planks.
Use a soft wheeled roller to create a strong bond. The roller should be rolled 3-5 times on the surface of mywoodwall™ paneling directly over each strip of tape. Please note the location of the tape before installation.
Installation Step 6:
Finish Your Wall
Add planks continuously until the wall is complete. Make sure the ends of the panels are aligned and that end joints are staggered. Cut the planks to size as needed.